Friday 2 November 2012

New approach

So, I've been thinking quite a lot about how I should be approaching this project.

I started trying to blog everyday because 'writing every day helps', and this is true, but it isn't much help when you don't have anything new or valuable to say with your writing, and to be honest, so much of my mental faculties are going elsewhere- into things I am paying for and graded on, for example- that I don't think this blog is currently working at any value to me. Or, in fact, to any potential readers.

I also am aware that happiness is a fickle, flimsy dream for me. Sometimes I have a solid hold on it, but most days I do not. Most days I feel weighed down by boots of lethargy and a coat of feeling futile. Since happiness is very much something I am personally interested in, when I come across research and explorations on the subject I tend to read it, and in the course of doing so I recollect that mindfulness and gratitude are shown to increase happiness. So, that's what I'm going to try and do with this blog.

When I come across something interesting on which I have an opinion, I will write about it. When I have something other, that I feel is valuable to say, I will write about that. But when I don't, I'm going to take the little pieces of daily life that make it wonderful (or bearable) and I'm going to share them with you.

Happiness shared can only grow, after all.

Without further ado:

Today's Happiness:
- getting my tea at timmies (and fast!)
- a girl in line complimenting the mug my mother gave me
- it's Friday!
- a great new TV series (I just started watching an American Horror story)
- Max is home :)
- Ideas on how to make blogging everyday more realistic and useful :)
- Contracts finally signed
- The adorable smile & blush of the girl on the stairs, who clearly got a good text. What a treat to witness a little piece of love :)
- A nice convo with the roomies
- Talking to Sarah in Psych o'women class
- warm pumpkin scones

No comments:

Post a Comment